Where to go to for other DEQ Non-Regulatory Assistance
Below is a list of non-regulatory information that DEQ offers. These contacts can help you not just comply with environmental rules and regulations, but go beyond them to operate even more efficiently and with less impact on the environment than allowed by law.
Household Hazardous Waste - (307) 777-7752
Offers technical assistance concerning the organization and development of household hazardous waste collection days and the proper management of household hazardous waste.
Non-Point Source Program - (307) 777-5622
Provides funding assistance for watershed assessment, improvement projects and educational programs that focus on preventing and solving water pollution problems related to non-point pollution sources (e.g. surface runoff from residential areas, urban and rural construction sites, cultivated farmland, etc.).
Wellhead Protection - (307) 777-7781
Approximately 90% of Wyoming's population depends on groundwater for their drinking water. The Wellhead Protection Program provides information and assistance on how to be involved with planning, development, and implementation of local wellhead protection plans.
Wyoming Recycling - (307) 332-6924
Provides technical assistance, workshops, marketing information, lending library resources, integrated solid waste management training, pay-as-you-throw training, small grants for local government entities and non-profit organizations, K through 12 educational materials and other promotional materials for communities, schools, businesses and individuals.
Wyoming's Wetlands Bank - (307) 777-7081
Offers credits to landowners for voluntary projects within the state that involve restoring or creating wetlands. These "banked" credits can then be applied to future construction projects that would impact previously existing wetland areas.
Links to other related sites
- Small Business Environmental Homepage
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Peaks to Prairies Pollution Prevention Information Center
- U.S. EPA Small Business Ombudsman Homepage
- Wyoming Small Business Development Center
- Local Government Environmental Assistance Network sponsored by EPA
- National Metal Finishing Resource Center
- Printer's National Compliance Assistance Center
- Automotive Compliance Assistance Center
- National Agricultural Compliance Assistance Center
- Chemical Industry National Compliance Assistance Center
- Paints and Coatings Resource Center
- Printed Wiring Board Resource Center
- Wyoming State Government
- EPA's Small Business Gateway
- Office of Air Management. One-stop Website for information about indoor and outdoor air quality, stationary and mobile sources of air pollution, radon, acid rain, stratospheric ozone depletion, and pollution prevention.
For the nearest recycling site near you got to http://1800cleanup.org. When you enter your local zip code, this web site will tell you the closest location for you to recycle a variety of materials or drop off your HHW. Access to this info is free.